Friday, October 23, 2009

Amazing Grace

I get a lot of e-mails with attachments. It's not every day that I open videos and watch them in their entirety, but I did today. I am so glad I did! So glad, that I wanted to share it with you all. It's like a recipe that I just can't wait to tell someone, "You've got to try this!" May you be filled to overflowing today.

I've never been to the Colliseum in Rome, but I bet it's really something! This is a video of Ill Divo singing Amazing Grace there, and boy, was there a surprise at the end!

Truly, no matter how many dangers, toils and snares we come through, God's grace will lead us HOME! That is the best news I have ever received. He made a way for me to return to my rightful home, away from the dangers, toils and snares.

If I take the world up on all of it's many offers for fulfillment - entertainment, beauty, health and exercise, why in the world would I not take Him on his offer for true, lasting fulfillment? That really hit me just now.

We just rented Amazing Grace from Netflix, the true story of the man who wrote the song and the man who had a vision to stop the slave trade in England in the 1800s. It was an incredible movie, one we almost passed up. I just love true stories about men and women of great faith. If you do, too....

Meet William Wilberforce.

The honest truth is that Emily, meaning me, myself and I, is that wretch that the song talks about on any given day. All the makeup and fanciful scarves, friendliness and good intentions don't hide that. At my worst and my best, I need grace. Amazing grace. Lasting grace. Unconditional grace. In all my strivings, it's never about how good I am. It's about how GOOD HE IS. That's such a relief to me!

God says it is sufficient for this weary daughter. Enough.

Oh, how grateful I am for the grace that covers me. The world may see my blemishes. There are many on the outside and the inside, but God sees me as perfect. All of Christ's attributes are mine because of what He did for me. I don't know about you, but I need someone who doesn't look at all of my imperfections. Someone, who says, who you are is enough. I love you no matter what. You're beautiful, a princess, no matter your age or what you've been through or what you've said or done.

I'm having a moment right now - a giddy, beautiful moment with the Lord. The world can NEVER satisfy, but He can! He truly can!

I'm sorry I can't embed this. The embedding has been disabled by request. This link will take you straight to the video.

Let the words pour over you and into you in the midst of whatever you're doing. I promise you that your heart will be encouraged. Plus, the bagpipes are way cool!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i526Q8PlnL4

No comments: