Wednesday, October 14, 2009

Simple Things



For me, it's any number of things; a comfortable chair, the smell of a blanket that's been outside for awhile, a memorable conversation with family or friends, a good, take you to another place read, a colorful scarf to add color to my day or my first sip of spiced tea. Just yesterday, it was the smell of seasonal cinnamon brooms at Kroger.

For Ava, it's a BIG box! She's had more fun in this box than she's had with all of her toys combined we think.

I thought about that box. I long for the simple most days.

Such joy can be found in the simple things.

Life, daily life, can be so complex and tangled and weighty.

Today, I was thinking that we all need a big box.

What's your big box?

Just for fun, leave me a comment and tell me what it is. I'll post the comments and we can read and be inspired by one another. Come on now, you maybe happened upon something I haven't thought of. Had you thought of cinnamon brooms? Ok, there you go.

3 comments:

samsafan said...

An excellent movie (or book) that allows you to step into a new world

A tall glass of chocolate milk at the end of the day

Laughter through tears

Kristie said...

A great movie (or book) that allows you to step into another world

A tall glass of chocolate milk at the end of the day

Laughter through tears

Treva said...

The smell of my mom's bread baking

Sitting in the recliner snuggled with one of my children, especially if they are asleep

Sharing coffee and stories with a good friend

Going for a walk (with my husband/ family) especially in the fall when you can smell the leaves

Great post girl! Love you!
Treva