Monday, October 5, 2009

One Virus at a Time

Hi, everyone,

Well, we have a sick little girl in the house today. We noticed that Ava suddenly stopped drinking her formula a few days ago. We thought that it was because Enfamil had maybe changed their ingredients when they changed the can from Enfamil to Enfagrow. We're also in the process of weaning her from the bottle and going to whole milk in a cup, so we thought maybe that was adding to the problem. She has refused anything remotely milk-like in the last few days. So, we stuck to water and diluted apple juice and kept trying.

This morning, she refused anything to drink, which is very unlike her, and she developed a fever of 101.3. We just got home from the doctor, and she has strep throat.

She's pretty miserable and is upstairs napping. The Hand, Foot, Mouth she had back in August was bad, but this is really knocking her out. Now, I'm feeling lousy and weak. I'm really hoping that I don't catch this, too!

I bought some popsicles for her to eat to try to get some hydration in her, but she's even refusing those right now. We're really hopeful that she'll drink a little bit tonight when she wakes up.

I'm off to take my temperature. Oh, I have some really fun pictures to upload of Ava at a wedding we attended over the weekend. I'll get to that soon hopefully!

Have a great week, everyone!

1 comment:

Treva said...

Hey Emily! Hang in there! Just keep trying with liquids...even small amounts are great! She will start eating and drinking again...sometimes it's agony for mom and dad though... And I hope you are able to keep from catching this.
Love you!
Treva