Thursday, July 24, 2008

Facing the Giants and Preparing for Rain!



Father, today, the distance seems great - the finish line is obscured. I'm weak; my sandals are dirty and worn from walking this road. There are tears as my emotions come bubbling to the surface. I want to take a short-cut, but the way is clear I know- I have to keep walking straight ahead through the middle of all this pain and uncertainty to what it is You have for me. I can't see Lord. I can't see. I'm frightened even though You tell me not to fear. I'm anxious even though You tell me not to be anxious or dismayed, that you're with me wherever I go. The wind and waves are fierce, today, Lord. Take me by the hand, raise my sinking feet out of the water, help me look at You only and remind that nothing is impossible with you.

Today: Refiling with USCIS because our China paperwork is expiring for a second time, Atlanta delivery logistics which are many, Interstate councils which have to approve us to leave the state of GA after the baby is born, home study revision because there's a glitch, TN attorney counsel via e-mail and phone, birthmother doctor visits to determine if she has gestational diabetes and to find out why she's having pain in her lower abdomen, Medicaid coverage lapse. I had no idea what yesterday would hold, and it held much. I was weary by the end of the day, my head was spinning, and I was clinging to my faith, a faith that I believe with all my heart is being sure of what I hope for and certain of what I do not see.

I found this clip at 10:00 last night as I needed a reminder that nothing is impossible with God. Nothing. May you be blessed by watching it knowing that faith really is being sure of what we hope for and certain of what we can not see. When we're weak, He's strong. We can lean on His understanding, not our own. He can do anything with our limitations. God, I'm at my limits with all of this for what seems like the hundredth time. Please help me to unload the burden of yesterday as I continue to walk this road toward the finish line. Help me to be faithful. I am Yours.

No comments: