Sunday, July 13, 2008

Ready, Set, Stay

This afternoon, I packed my bags, made Ben dinner, said goodbye to our dog, gave myself a pep-talk and headed for Atlanta to go to our birthmother's OBGYN appointment. Ben drove me to a neighborhood nearby where I was meeting my ride down to Georgia. When we got there, we were told that all flights outbound to Tennessee tomorrow afternoon were full because of some cancelled flights tonight due to thunderstorms. Likely, Sabrina will just be getting bloodwork done for her glucose test tomorrow, too. So... we got back in the truck, drove the five minutes back to the house and carried my bags up the steps and into the house. I'm at home tonight eating dinner with Ben and working in the yard. The sunset was beautiful, and I'm conscious of resting tonight, knowing that a trip down to Atlanta is in the forecast.

We'll wait for the next doctor's appointment coming up in two weeks time. In the meantime, life will go on, and I'm sure there will be more drama. Thanks for checking in on us! We'll keep you posted on our great adventure...

No comments: