Tuesday, July 22, 2008

Strange Happenings

The human brain is very capable of holding lots of information, right? We form new pathways constantly, and our brain is in constant action helping us navigate moment to moment in any given day.

I think something strange is happening in my brain because it's trying to process SO much. I found myself going through my daily routine of getting ready the other day and realized I washed my hair with conditioner. Different bottle entirely! Then, I got ready to walk out the door to a lunch meeting, and I had on two different flip flops. Different colors and one was flat and one was a wedge.

Tonight, I started to make my call lists to friends and family, and that's when I realized something was really wrong! I am great with phone number memorization - always have been. I still know my fourth grade boyfriend's number. I'm sure he doesn't live there anymore...:) I found myself completely at a loss to remember numbers. My heart was racing and I had butterflies, and quite frankly, I felt this wave of nausea. I think it's starting to hit me that we're REALLY going to get a call about a baby SOON! I'm buying things like onesies and feathering my nest. I feel like I'm losing my mind. I'm told this is normal, but I keep waiting to get in the wrong vehicle or something. If you see me wandering in a parking lot somewhere, please come and help me.

So, I made my call lists and have asked a dear friend of mine to blog for us when we get the call. I'd do it, but I probably won't remember my own blog site and how to get on it! So, if you're following this crazy journey of faith that we're on and watching to see what the Lord does, stay tuned! We'll be posting pictures as soon as we can so you can see the baby and us, shell-shocked I'm sure.

By the way, have any of you ever gone to a fire station, like all the books tell you to do, to check your car seat base installation? Well, off I went today feeling proud of myself and thinking it was pretty cool to talk to real fireman about my newly installed carseat. In case you're about to go, check first. The station where I went is not trained to check your base. I was told to go the police station. I had this vision of just pulling into the parking lot and asking the first officer I saw to have a look. Nope. Vision not correct. I had to go to the glass window desk, and the lady said I needed an appointment and that an officer would be calling me. Wow. A check my carseat base appointment. I haven't gotten the call yet. I'm sure it's fine. Maybe I'm going overboard??

I'm definitely trying to keep my sense of humor in the midst of this insanity! Thanks for reading my journal. I truly hope it lifts your spirits, blesses you, and lets you know that you're not alone. I can see glimpses of light at the end of this dark and often lonely tunnel. I'm ready to leave that tunnel far behind, but I know I'll remember it, and remember God's faithfulness when I enter other tunnels in my life. So, here's to tunnels and how they shape us, and here's to the light that bathes us when it's God timing to bring us out! If you've not read the Heavenly Man, seek it out. I promise it will bless your socks off! Here's to Brother Yun who believed in coming out of the tunnel in God and only God's timing - one of the greatest stories of faith I've ever read and one I often recall when I'm somewhere in the tunnel camping out. :)

No comments: