Saturday, July 12, 2008

Walking On...

We got word this morning that the attorney appointment went very well. Both of the birthparents were there, and both expressed a desire to move forward with the adoption plan. So... it's looking like this may really happen!!! Ben and I were able to exhale this morning - our first of many exhales to come I hope. I was told this morning to have our hospital bag packed just in case she delivers early. As far as we know, her due date is still August 24th, but Ben and I are planning to be ready if we get the call sooner than expected. I'm starting to make my checklists and am having fun. It's still pretty surreal to both of us, but we're putting one foot in front of the other and just walking on through open doors. I still can't see, but as this journey continues, I'm learning every day that I don't have to...

The next big day is this Monday when I go to the OBGYN with Sabrina, the birthmother, in Atlanta. We're not sure how much we can learn that day, but I'm going to ask some questions and most of all, show my support of Sabrina. I think I may get to meet the birthfather for the first time, too.

Please remember us in your prayers as this month progresses. We have to be ready for anything, and we're leaning NOT on our own control and understanding, which is hard for me, as I like to know what's happening! More updates to come... Thank you so much for praying!! We can feel it!

No comments: