Thursday, January 8, 2009

Bath Time and Scratches

It's bath time!









Hey, everyone!

Here are a few pictures we took the other day of bath time! We always look forward to bath time with Ava. She seems to really love the water. She's getting to the age where we all end up taking a bath by the time it's over!

Also, we had a minor scare the other day with Ava. She woke up from a 2 hr afternoon nap and would not open her eyes and would just cry and cry. This went on for about five minutes, and that's when I decided to call a friend to come over while I got things ready to go the doctor. (I had just gotten out of the shower, too, and had to get ready!) We both just knew it was pink eye after really looking at it. It was really red and watering profusely. By the time we got to the doctor, it was a little better but was still watering. In my mind, I was going through all of the things I was going to have to disinfect when I got home, not to mention thinking of me and Ben getting pink eye, too. I got it a few years back when I was on a field trip with my kids at school. Yuck! No fun.

Well, when the doctor examined her, he found a little scratch below her pupil. She had just scratched her eye. Whew! No pink eye. So, we went home with Children's Ibuprofen and some eye drops to prevent infection. She also wore a sock with a thumb hole cut out for a few days. She's totally fine now - happy as a clam.

It's blustery cold here today in East Tennessee. Temperatures have continued to drop the last few days, and it feels like January finally. We're all still hoping for some snow.

I made snow cream coffee this morning (which is really just vanilla flavored coffee). That may be as close as I get to snow cream this year! Still hoping, though. :)

Yesterday, I trucked over to the mail center to mail our FINAL document to our adoption agency to send to China! I wanted there to be fanfare as I walked out the door, but there wasn't. Just a few leaves blowing across the parking lot and a list of other errands to run. There was definitely fanfare in my heart, let me tell you!

We're awaiting Ben's certified birth certificate from Maryland, and then we'll have everything we need to send to USCIS for them to grant us continued approval to bring Maia home hopefully this year!

I hope everyone is having a great day today and enjoying the fresh new year. Still working on the simplifying thing here. I bought these cute little green boxes to organize my buttons. Maybe I'm going too far? ugh.

Love you all!

Emily

No comments: