Monday, January 5, 2009

Great News from USCIS!!!!!!!!!!

*** Two posts today! :)



Ben and I are EXHALING right now! We just got the call from Senator Alexander's office saying that USCIS accepted the letter of appeal I wrote a few weeks back!!! To think that I almost didn't do that! Lesson learned - go until you get a no!!

They are going to allow us to continue US approval of our China adoption by refiling an I-600A and sending in birth and marriage certificates and an updated "Ava" homestudy indicating our change in family status. I already have that from back in Nov. Remarkably, I already have the marriage certificate and my birth certificate, too. I hit the ground running and well, yes, panicking, in July when I thought we were going to have to completely start the process over. Ben's birth certificate request process changed, and I now know what I need to do to get that this week!

We are needless to say, overjoyed! This I-800A has been like a nightmare following us around since July. Every time we think we're through it, something else has come up.

So, I will now start gathering the FEW documents to send to USCIS instead of the boatload with the I-800A.

Maia Grace, we're coming to get you in 2009! I love you immensely, and I will always fight for you, knowing in my heart that it is ultimately the Lord's battle, and He is faithful to be our help. Maia, He spoke to me about you long ago in a doctor's office in a chair stained with tears and waiting. He who called us to come and bring you home to our family is faithful. Always remember that truth.

1 comment:

Laurie said...

This is indeed wonderful news! So glad to hear progress is being made and that you and Ben are breathing more calmly! Love your pictures of Ava Faith and your updates!