Thursday, January 15, 2009

A January Christmas Weekend

Last weekend, before the shockingly cold 7 and 9 degree temperatures came rolling over the mountains, my in-laws journeyed from Maryland to Tennessee to spend a January Christmas with us. I left all of our Christmas decorations up, even though the needles on the tree looked a little brittle and the pine swag around the door was beyond crispy! Truth be told, all of our Christmas decorations are STILL up because we just love the bright lights and cheer. Surely I'll have them down by Valentine's Day. :)

We had a wonderful time celebrating Christmas with Ava Faith and Grandma and Grandad. It was a relaxing visit, as we didn't do much outside this time but bundle up and walk around the valley, drag a dead limb off of the cedar tree in our backyard and move a foot bridge that had been swept away by last week's flooding. We drank hot chocolate and ate crab and just visited. Remember when people would just sit around and "visit?" I'm adding a new New Year's resolution to my list - to sit around with family and friends and perfect strangers and just.... visit. Smile. Here are few pictures to post today before Ava wakes up!

The new year has begun. I pray that my spirit will be freer this year and I won't be so self-aware. That's a journey for me as it is for all of us. I praise the Lord for giving me counsel and encouragement when my soul is weary and my eyes are bleary. Thank you Lord, for surprise faithful visits from those dear to my heart.

With lots of love to you today.

Oh! I almost forgot! Ben's birth certificate came yesterday from Maryland, and we now have ALL documents needed to send to USCIS in Memphis to continue our quest to bring Maia Grace home from China! Glory Hallelujah!!!

Grandma and Grandad with Ava - all smiles!




Grandma reading Pat the Christmas Bunny to Ava



Grandad helping with Ava's morning rice cereal feeding



Ben and I opening Christmas presents from family in Maryland. This is Ava's first photo album Grandma and Grandad made for her to look at family pictures from Maryland.



Just visiting and hanging out as a family with our neighbor, Sean. We watched the TN Titan/Baltimore Ravens game on Saturday and ate crab dip. Exciting game!



Ava sitting up for a few minutes with her Sophie the Giraffe teether.



Ava bundled up to go for a walk with Grandma and Grandad, Mommy and Daddy and Bear and Maxi. Maxi is Grandma and Grandad's dog who comes to visit with our dog, Bear.



Ava sitting up with her photo album. She is sitting up for a few minutes at a time now!




I found Miss Saki with Ava's pillow that Patty had made for her last fall after she was born

No comments: