Friday, January 2, 2009

Happy New Year!





Happy New Year everyone! I hope everyone had a great New Year's Eve and Day. Around here, we eat black-eyed peas for good luck on New Year's Day. :) It's a family tradition that we've been doing in my family for as long as I can remember. I always look forward to a special New Year's Day meal of maccaroni and cheese, ham, black-eyed peas, cole slaw, Mexican cornbread and banana pudding after all the Christmas casseroles and turkey! Cooking is a tradition that always brings my family together, and we love to eat! :)

As I reflect on 2008, I can definitely say that it was a BIG year full of unexpected surprises and the blessing of little Ava Faith. Lately, I've been going through pictures from August - December, and just reflecting and rejoicing in my heart. She's now four months old, and we are told that we can expect her adoption to be finalized (meaning she'll officially have our last name) sometime in late February/early March. We can't wait! I'm in the process of picking out some special adoption announcments. :)

Mingled together with the blessings of this past year, were some challenges as well. For us it's been the challenges with USCIS and our adoption agency regarding our China adoption. Out of no where, we started running into difficulty after diffculty after 2 years and 7 months of waiting for Maia Grace. We still haven't heard form USCIS on their decision to accept of deny our I-600A. Surely, we'll hear something next week.

Miss Ava is on the mend now, but she still sounds a little hoarse. It's just taking her awhile to get over this bout with the croup. She's had two days of rice cereal, and she's doing pretty well. Most of it ends up on the bib, but we're getting there! The doctor said for us to just practice right now and get her used to the idea. I tasted it today, and it's pretty good!

I'm going to share a smorgasboard of pictures with you guys because I feel so behind! Tonight, I may just get to put a couple up. I appreciate everyone's patience lately. I know you're anxious to see some pictures, so without further ado, here we go! As always, it will take me some time to get them all on here and in the right order!

Here's to a wonderful New Year!

No comments: