Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Going Home

His Eye is On the Sparrow was my grandmother's favorite song.

*Arrangements* - Receiving friends will be Thursday night from 6-8 with the service at 8:00 p.m. at Smith Mortuary Chapel in Maryville. The graveside service will be Friday morning at 11:00 at Grandview Cemetary.

Ruth Rhea Lawson Hutsell - My beloved and cherished grandmother.

August 21, 1926 - January 27, 2009

She was 82.

Welcome home, Ruthie. You are now gloriously free. The lymphoma is gone, and the Alzheimer's no longer holds you. You are surrounded by a great cloud of witnesses and by the presence of the Almighty God. I love you forever.

Emily



My grandmother, Ruthie's, journey home is likely going to be today. She's completely at peace. Thank you so much for your prayers for my family. I'm at home with Ava right now taking care of her, but I'll likely join my family later on this afternoon.

Please pray for my "little cousins." Lacy is 22, Wes is 21 and Katie is 17. Lacy and Wes are both in college and will be making the trip home. Katie is here at home. I know this will be very difficult for them, as I remember being their age and losing my other grandparents. We are a very very close family.

4 comments:

Treva said...

Emily- You and your family are in our thoughts and prayers as you go through these next days. I pray that the joy that is in little Ava will carry you in times of sadness. We love you! Treva, Zach, Zoe and Sam

Anonymous said...

Dear Emily,
You and all your family are in my prayers. I am thankful there was time for you to just be with Ruthie while awaiting her homegoing. She was so blessed to have such a loving, caring family, and praise God that she is now with Him.
Love,
Aunt Diane

Joy Pierce said...

Emily
Praying for you and your family! It is so hard to lose someone you love so much, yet such a joy to know they are with the King!
Blessings,
Joy Pierce

Anonymous said...

Hey Emily.
Know that I am continuing to pray for you and your family during this difficult time. It is so easy for us to be selfish and want to keep our loved ones here in our hearts, even though we know in our heads that they are much better off and completely healed. I am lifting you and your family up and know that God can bring you peace and comfort during this time. Love you!