Monday, February 2, 2009

Thank You!

Hey, everybody,

I just wanted to touch base and let everyone know how deeply grateful I am for your thoughts and prayers for my family. Someone asked me as they went through the receiving friends line last Thursday, "What are you all going to do without her?"

My answer was, "Live." Because I know that's what she would want us to do. There's a lot of living left to do for each one of us.

I've been really thoughtful this week, reflecting, processing, being still, listening. God's always teaching me new things for whatever leg of this journey through life that I'm on.

I'm looking out the window at the bird feeder right now, and there's a little circle of chipping sparrows on the ground around it. I thought about the song, "His Eye is On the Sparrow." It snowed this morning for hours- our biggest one yet, and the birds are searching for food. I know if I didn't feed them, that they'd be ok, because God feeds them. But, what a joy it is to help and come alongside them. They're birds. I know. But, my deeper thought turns to all of the folks who lift me up and help me along this journey and give me spiritual food. I am so forever grateful, and I am continually hungry!

I'll post some snow pics soon! I made a snow family today in my "spare" time. :)

Now, was I going to do the dishes or the laundry first?

Oh, and I have two great celebratory things to share in my next post! One has to do with Ava's adoption, and the other has to do with Maia's adoption!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh Emily, you are teasing us with your good celebratory news! Can't wait to celebrate the good news with you. The Lord knows you need some good news! Enjoy the snow, and I hope much more comes our way!

Anonymous said...

Emily,
Thanks for sharing thoughts you've had in these recent days since Ruthie's passing. Don't you know that God sent the sparrows to just outside your window as a special remembrance of your grandmother's faith, and her favorite song?!! I will continue to keep you all in thought and prayer.

Hey, what a teaser at the end of your entry today!! C'mon, you can't just leave us hanging. Hope to read the "two great things" tomorrow, or real soon!

Love to you, Ben and Ava-
Aunt Diane & Uncle Bob