Tuesday, February 3, 2009

Good News!




Ok. I realized after I left that post last night that everyone was probably going to lynch me if I didn't get back on here soon and report! :)

So, without further delay, here is the good news about Ava's and Maia's adoptions!!

1) We received a mailing from our TN attorney last week telling us that the finalization of Ava's adoption into our family will be March 3rd! It's already official, but this is the ceremony we attend with Ava and the judge where he finalizes it, and Ava officially has our last name. We are beyond excited about this moment! It will be so timely in so many ways. God is so good and His timing is always perfect. I still remember those days of praying that God's hand would just move. I wanted that so badly, but it had to be in His timing, not mine. I can now see, Lord. The glory is Yours alone.




2) Also, last Friday evening after the graveside services for Ruthie, Ben and I came home and opened our mail. I was busy reading some other mail, and I heard Ben say, "Emily, we got something from USCIS." Well, many of you know that we have been through quite a saga to get continued clearance from USCIS Memphis to bring Maia home hopefully this year. The forms and requirments have volleyed back and forth since last summer, left me in an emotional heap many a time since August, and have again, tested our faith. Well, we both just looked at each other, took a deep breath and opened it.

Drum roll....It was our I-171H approval from the United States Citizenship and Immigration Services to bring Maia home! It's good for another 18 months, and we know it won't be that long before we find out who Miss Maia is and go to China to bring her home to our family! Here's a picture of the long-awaited document!! I feel like it should have gold lettering or something!




We're expecting some more snow this afternoon. My goal is to take down our Christmas tree ornaments and icicles. Ben has given me a friendly ultimatum. :)

Have a great day, everyone!

5 comments:

The Kapics said...

HURRAY - praise God for your paperwork! We will look forward to celebrating with you in March too.

Laurie said...

What a wonderful and uplifting post! So happy that you had some good news, especially after your Grandmother's funeral. I thought of you last week and kept watching for updates on your beloved grandmother. Grandmothers are special people and I know you will miss her. I know you are glad that she got to see Ava.

By the way, I got to see Ava in person last week when I stopped at Beth's house! She is just so precious and beautiful!

Love your snow pictures!

Joy Pierce said...

HALLELUJAH!!! That one little piece of paper can make a woman happy for weeks and weeks and weeks!!! I'm so glad you finally have it and it is the last time you've got to do that! Now....come on CCAA and process those referrals in BIG batches!!!
Love ya,
Joy

Martha & Al said...

Praise God! We will continue to pray for Maia's quick arrival into your home!

Anonymous said...

Praise God for such wonderful news about the paperwork and adoption processes! That is great! I am so happy for you all. It is all in HIS PERFECT TIMING!
Have a great rest of the weekend!