Thursday, February 12, 2009

Play Time

Yesterday, I was in Ava's room organizing drawers, and I found a bag of my baby toys that Mom had given me. I decided to spread a quilt on the floor and let Ava play with them. It was so much fun to watch her with my 70s toys! Some things don't change. She has a Sophie the Giraffe teether that she just loves. It first came out in the 1960s, and they still make it! I had a giraffe teether when I was little, too. The size is different, but the faces look very similar. Maybe Sophie's cousin?








In these pictures, I captured Ava's napping routine. About the time she is getting sleepy, I'll hand her a blankie, and she immediately puts her head down, rubs her eyes and starts sucking her thumb. It's like clockwork. She is so funny to watch.







Our home study went really well yesterday, and we're just counting the days until March 3rd when Ava's adoption will be totally complete! We're trying to decide how to celebrate that day! The actual ceremony won't take long that morning. We should be in and out within 30 minutes or so. I'll be sure and take pictures so you can celebrate along with us!

Also, I wanted to thank everyone again for the sweet messages and cards you sent after my grandmother passed. Cindy, I got yours the other day. I love that message from Helen Keller. Oh, and pi day is coming up! Are you going to celebrate on 3/14? :)

Love everyone,

Emily

1 comment:

Cindy Goodson said...

Of course I will be celebrating Pi Day! Will you?