Monday, January 5, 2009

Christmas Pictures and Grace

Scroll down to see additional Christmas family pictures! :)

Waiting for my baby sister, Maia Grace, from China... We might hear something from USCIS today. A dear woman named Heather from our senator's office is making another Congressional inquiry today. Just be calm, Emily. Be calm.



Hey, everyone! Ok. This blog will mostly be pictures as I want to share a lot with you! I promised that I'd share a bunch because I've been behind. :) Between the holidays, China adoption paperwork/fretting and Ava's croup, I've had a lot on my plate. It's drizzling rain here today, and I'm taking the time while Ava's napping to post.

I'm trying to fit in some time just for me each day, and right now, I'm reading a fantastic book called Blue Like Jazz by Donald Miller. I'm ever seeking, searching, wanting to get out of comfort zones, grow, learn and be real. Mostly, I'm seeking a raw, intimate relationship with the God who accepts this daughter just the way she is in the midst of my humaness. This book is unlike any book I've read. It's non-religious thoughts on Christian spirituality, and it is really challenging and stretching me! I love that! I don't want to be a phony. I don't want to be "religious." I just want to share the joy I have in Jesus. It's pretty simple, and I try to make it complicated so many times and then find myself in a rut. If you're searching for a book that will rock your world a little, I highly recommend Blue Like Jazz. I'm having a hard time putting it down.

Here are some joyous Christmas pictures to share with you! We had a wonderful time celebrating this year with my family. Ben's family is coming in this weekend to share Christmas with us.

So, once again, Merry Christmas and Happy New Year all wrapped up together! I wish everyone authenticity and the comfort to be exactly who you are this year. You are accepted just the way you are.

Grace.

Oh, How I love grace - poured out, fresh, new, clean every single day for this daughter - me.


This was our Christmas card photo this year. We also had this up on the screen in our church during Ava's Christening. Thank you, Tamyra!






Ava's giggle face. I love it!





Our first Christmas as a family!



Celebrating the Christmas season with our dear Japanese friends, the Suzuis and the Yamanakas. York-san and Ike-san were Ben's former bosses at Denso where he used to work.



Oh, Christmas Tree...



Daddy is really excited about trains, and Ava had fun watching it go around and around!



Trying on cousin Wes's baseball cap with Great Aunt Jill.



Showing off my striped pants with Great Aunt Syd.



Wow, what do I do with all of this paper?



Ava's little Lamb Chop that talks! This was a Christmas present from Great Aunt Syd, Great Uncle Lonnie and cousin, Lacy.



Ava surrounded by presents. I wonder if that big one is for Ava?? :) Mimi and Papa put pictures on it.



This is what was inside! A Rainforest Jumparoo







NEW FAMILY PICTURES

A generation picture of my grandmother, my Mom, me and Ava Faith.



Me and Ruthie together.



A family picture with my grandmother, Ruthie.



Mimi and Ava enjoying time together.



Ben, Dad, Uncle Lonnie and Uncle Rick celebrating Christmas with Ruthie! :)




My Cousin, Lacy, and Ava. I'm so glad Lacy was home to celebrate Christmas with us and meet Ava. Lacy is graduating from the University of Indiana this year!



All smiles - My grandmother, Ruthie, and her brother, Dan Lawson.



My cousin, Wes, and Ava together. Wes will also graduate from college in 2009! He attends Bluefield State in West Virginia.




Cousin Jennifer holds Miss Ava. :)



My Cousin, Ian, Jennifer's son, holding Ava.



Cousin Julie with Ava

No comments: