Wednesday, September 16, 2009

Hurry, Noise and Other Profound Stuff

Daily

That's how often I need refreshment, a pouring into. Anyone relate to that?

What can zap that for me, among many things, is hurry and noise. In our culture, we are pretty much surrounded by it.

I have to be intentional about being still, about being with other women, other encouragers. I also have to be intentional about eliminating a lot of the hurry and noise in my life, be it internal or external.

There is a man and a book that is rocking people's perspective on those types of things.

It's called Crazy Love, by Francis Chan. I had a chance to hear this man speak at a conference called Catalyst a few years back, and I was so deeply moved by what he had to say, that I've remembered it year after year. He's for real. He's humble. He's hungry for God in a way that is so refreshing.

He separates Jesus and religion. Religion is dry and empty. Jesus is alive and full.

With all this said, one way I seek refreshment is by going to Bloom. I added a button for you at the top of my blog. It's a site created by Angie Smith whose blog is Bring the Rain. She's also one of the guest authors on the InCourage site that I've raved about. I have been following it for a year now. She's raw and real, too, has experienced profound suffering and hope and speaks to women's hearts everywhere. Bloom is a book club that was specifically created to be a book discussion group on-line for seekers, non-Christians, wandering Christians, doubting Christians, on fire Christians - They're discussing the book, Crazy Love, and are only on the first chapter if you'd like to get plugged in. It's awesome. Warning, though. It will challenge you, it will search your heart and know you, something the Lord desperately wants to do and is doing with each of our hearts. Oh, how the Lord is using this simple man to spread a holy fire in people's hearts.

Here's the video from today. I would strongly encourage you to say "No" to noise and hurry for just a few minutes and listen to this clip in its entirety. It's only about 8-10 minutes long.

Walk away empowered, uplifted, refreshed.

We all need a drink.

Come and get your fill.

Crazy Love (chapter one) from Pete Wilson on Vimeo.

No comments: