Tuesday, September 15, 2009

Roomie Reunion with Kiddos!



California,

Tennessee

Miles

South Carolina

Laughter

Practical Jokes

Romantic Dreams

More "not the ones" than we can count

Roomies

Friends

Sisters

Broken and Desperate for Jesus

Sojourners

Lifelong



Today was no ordinary day. It's not everyday that I get to visit with my roommate from college - maybe over the phone or by e-mail, but there's nothing like meeting in person - to squeal with glee, laugh, remember, commiserate, share our hearts, ponder, encourage, dream, be together - again.

Today, Ava and I woke up in anticipation of a visit from my college roommate who now has triplets! You can find her blog on my list on the right side and follow their adventures. Her name is Emily Fletcher Kapic, but her college buddies lovingly know her as "Fletch." I was Emily Monday, and everyone called me "Monday." Hence, Monday and Fletch. Fletch and Monday. Two peas in a pod. Always up for an adventure.

We had a great time catching up over sippy cups, wagon rides, wet grass on feet, Corn Chex dumping, sprinkling rain, Southern pecan coffee, cat petting and protecting, dirty diapers and energetic, tired babies.

I know that an opportunity like this may not come again for a long while, so I tried to just soak up the time I had with her, Fletcher, Parker and Bailey. Ava loved her new friends!!! Sure do wish we lived closer. Love you, Fletch, love you, love you, Fletch!

Here are a few pictures from our visit this morning.

Table for four anyone?



Fletch and Ava meet in person!



Let's go for a wagon ride!



Get in boys! We want to go for a ride! Cozy but perfect for four... :)



Is it ok if I stand while you pull, Fletcher?



This was a really sweet moment between Fletcher and Ava. Ava had grass on her feet, and Fletcher was helping to remove it. Aww...



On to the the next outdoor activity - balls and a thrift store boat find!



This picture so captures Ava right now as she's a climber! In, out, under, around, between!



Pat, pat the kitty time with Leo



Girl time sharing a snack. Ava is all about their snack cups! I'm going to have to find those!

1 comment:

The Kapics said...

We LOVED being with you! I wish there weren't 3,000 miles separating us! Can you send me the photo of Bailey & Ava sharing snack. Too cute!