Tuesday, October 14, 2008

Do Not Fret






Hi, everyone!

Here are a few pictures that were taken on Sunday. Ava has started smiling a lot this week! We spent some quiet time as a family watching neighbors drive by and leaves fall from the poplar trees across the driveway. Normally, I'm looking for a bit more adventure, but honestly, just watching the wind blow was enough adventure for me that day! It was a great chance for Ben, Ava and I to just hang out and be unhurried as we anticipated a hurried week. Our cats even enjoyed just hanging out- well, that's actually their favorite thing to do. They don't need any nudging to be "unhurried." Notice that Saki looks like a seal! We're having weight management issues with her!

This week is well-underway, and it's one day at a time. Yesterday, my goal was to write more thank you notes, spend quality time with Ava, go to the Pumpkin Patch at our church and write a rough draft to our attorneys in GA and TN to seek their help with bringing Maia home from China. This was to be done after our home study at 12:00- The purpose of this home study was to complete the first post-placement report for Ava and begin the ammended home study for Maia.

I'm very aware that my time can be completely consumed by worrying about China and Maia and USCIS and attorneys and our agency....and on and on. I'm trying my best to fix my eyes on Jesus and His power, but honestly, I get teary every time I think about all of this. We just learned that under the new I-800A regulation that because Ben and I were adults when we were in college in SC, that we have to do a Child Abuse clearance. Again, not a big deal, but the time and the dollar signs are adding up... again. We also found out that we have to redo our criminal background checks and our medicals. I think my physician is going to be exasperated because this is the FOURTH time he has had to fill out the SAME paperwork for us for an international adoption. We have to do what we have to do...

My goals today are a little different in that I'm petitioning help from outside sources. On this list for today are Gloria Stevens at McCain's Tucson office who I read about in Adoption Today magazine. She has a heart for adoption and can maybe help us. Next are Senators Alexander, Duncan - both in TN and Senator Brownback in Kansas. This particular Senator has three daughters from China and also has a heart for adoption.

Before I write/call these offices though, I'm going to give Miss Ava a bath! She's loves water!

Tomorrow, I get to celebrate with a shower being thrown by the amazing women in my bible study who have prayed me through many ups and downs with Maia and Ava in the last two years. I'll post some pictures of our gathering. We're having an English Tea! Right up my alley!

So, I'm just taking one day at a time. I'm sure there will be serendipitous moments along the way, and God is ever going before me and telling me not to fret. Why is that so hard for me - the not fretting part? Working on that today, too... :) Oh, AND the grumbling and complaining...

No comments: