Friday, October 17, 2008

Guess Who is 8 Weeks Old?



Yesterday, Ava turned 8 weeks old! It feels like yesterday when we were in Atlanta putting her in the car to come HOME! I saw a Madame Alexander doll yesterday that said "Thursday's Child," and I thought about getting that for her for her 1st Christmas. I'm so excited about the holidays this year.

We're gearing up for her first Halloween this year. I'll let her costume be a surprise. Let's just say I DID NOT make it like my Mom made all of mine! She would be unidentifiable if I did it!

Today has been an exciting day. I pulled out my old 33 1/2 and 45 records to play for her. I spent 10 minutes giving her her bottle and crying over the Fox and the Hound! Listening to these records from the 70s and 80s make me VERY nostalgic. I feel like going outside and building a fort and collecting leaves for my leaf project in elementary school. I collect old lunchboxes- you know, those metal kind that have been outlawed. I don't guess it would be a good idea for Ava to walk into Kindergarten with a Fat Albert Metal lunchbox. Ah, the good ole days!

Also, she was having tummy time today and pushed up on her hands and raised her head for the first time!

I hope everyone is having a blessed day!

1 comment:

Fairland Books said...

Happy Birthday Ava! Grand Dad and Grand Ma