Friday, October 10, 2008

Outdoor Adventures and Hope





Ben and I love to go for walks with Ava and especially be outdoors. Ava loves the snuggly carrier! It takes about 5 minutes before she's completely asleep!

She is almost ready to sleep through the night, and I'm starting to feel more refreshed. Of course, I think if anyone let me, I could probably sleep for two days straight! :)

On another note, I did speak with the International Director yesterday, and we have some hope for Maia to come home. It's going to take a lot to update our paperwork an home study and the timing has got to be perfect when it goes to China and to USCIS. The way I see it has always been this. Ben and I will do all we can do paperwork wise and follow the counsel given to us, and when the upated paperwork gets to China and to USCIS, the rest is up to God.

Either I trust Him or I don't. This situation is no different. His will not mine. His timing not mine. His plan for my life, not mine.

One of my favorite quotes is "Fear knocked at the door. Faith answered. No one was there."

I'll outline the plan we have to follow soon. I'm still trying to get my head around it.

I hope everyone is having a beautiful day! It's just gorgeous!

2 comments:

Laurie said...

We are still here and thinking of you! I love the snuggly carrier. . . We used to carry our kids around them all the time when they were babies. It was one way for me to "hear" them and also get my housework and cooking done!

Will continue to pray for Maia. . . she is on the other end of the world waiting for her mommy and daddy.

Enjoy this weather. . . I know we are!

Laurie Pullins

Anonymous said...

as i was praying for you all on the greenbelt today - i remembered a favorite petition of my mom's...she often asked for favor in the eyes of authorities in her loved ones lives. so now i am praying for favor for you...He is the Lord our God and there is no other!