Thursday, October 16, 2008

Shower Time!

These are my Wednesday morning sisters!



Judy Briley hosted my shower by having an English tea. Thank you, Judy! It was beautiful...



Thank you all so much for the wonderful gifts for Ava and for me!



Oh, happy day! I have been looking forward to this special shower for a very long time! These are the women in my Wednesday morning Bible Study group that I've shared joys and triumphs and sorrow and disappointments with in the last two years. We've grown very close together as we've listened to each other's stories and testimonies over the past few years. We've invited each other into those places in our lives that have been touched by grief or pain, and we've witnessed more of the power of God's grace and love for us as we've studied together. We've all been on separate journeys to realize how much God loves us and that it's not about how good and perfect WE are. It's about how good and perfect He is! I absolutely love these women. They have prayed over me many times and encouraged me, and they've laughed with me and cried with me. Mostly, they have spoken truth to me when I most needed to hear it.

From the bottom of my heart, thank you, Kathy, BeBe, Judy, Susan and Susan, Mary, Sonya, Libby and Jenny! My life is forever changed because you spoke into it and allowed me to share my heart and invited me into yours.

"As iron sharpens iron, so one woman sharpens another."

I love you guys!

Emily

No comments: