Monday, December 1, 2008

12 Hours!

Hi, everyone!

Well, a drive that usually takes us about 8 hours quickly turned into about a 12 hour drive yesterday!!We ran into some of the heaviest holiday traffic we've ever seen, and there were several accidents due to heavy and light rain along the way.

We stopped at Cracker Barrel for a long stop for Ava and at Arby's a little closer to Tennessee. We finally rolled into the driveway about 12:00 a.m. and we were SO glad to be home.

Ava is still sick with a little cold but was unbelievably good on the ride home. Ben and I just held our breath about the 9th hour!

I'm still unpacking and trying to figure out what's for supper, so I'll post some pictures a little later on.

On a suprising note, Ava and I woke up to a mini-blizzard in the valley this morning - very unusual for December 1st! Maybe this is a sign we'll get more snow this year. It was so pretty.

I hope everyone had a safe and happy Thanksgiving! I'll post pics soon!

No comments: