Friday, December 5, 2008

A Celebration of Thanksgiving!

*** 10:37 If you're checking back, I think I have everything straight now! Whew!

It's Thanksgiving! These pictures were taken on Thanksgiving Day with the Nibali side of the family. We had a wonderful time gathering as family and introducing the newest member! Ava was a trooper throughout the day, and as you can see, she was in many people's arms!

Great Aunt Barb meets Ava for the first time...



Great Aunt Diane and Ava



Great Uncle Rich and Ava



Great Uncle Mike and Ava



Great Uncle Jim and Ava



We are presented with a beautiful ceramic ornament mobile for Ava to keep! The sportscasters to the left were also in on the excitement! ha!



Each family member wrote a good wish or scripture verse on the ornaments.



Great Uncle Jeff reads his message to Ava.



Great Uncle Phil reads his family's message...



The annual Thanksgiving Turkey!



Cousins, Chase and Evan, make Thanksgiving turkeys with Great Uncle Jeff.




Great Uncle Jeff presents his turkey - one of his favorite traditions.



We also received a highchair for Ava! Thank you all!



We gather together to ask the Lord's blessing and express our thanks for the bounty before us.



The family! Auntie Jenn is holding Miss Ava! More pics of cousins, Evan and Chase and Uncle Chuck to come! We accidentally forgot our camera the night we went over to visit them!



To all the aunts and uncles and cousins: THANK YOU so much for your joy, excitement and encouragement! Who knew when you all contributed to Maia's 100 Good Wishes quilt that Ava would soon be on the way! :)

I'll post Thanksgiving TWO pictures soon with the Cook side of the family and possibly some video sometime this weekend hopefully.

Hope everyone is enjoying this glorious Christmas season! My goal is to simplify this year. I'll let you know how I do! :) Ava and I are hanging out today catching up on many things and making sausage gravy for a breakfast party tonight with friends!

1 comment:

Laurie said...

What wonderful and happy pictures! I love keeping up with your precious family here.

I also load your site on my computer so I can listen to your playlist while I work. . . love your choice of music!

Blessings,

Laurie & Steve