Sunday, December 7, 2008

Bringing the Hope of Christmas To Others

Before you watch any of the videos, please pause the playlist music on the righthand side of the blog where you see the list of songs.





Good cold afternoon,

We took Miss Ava to church today in a candy stripe outfit and hat and sat on the back pew with bottles and car seat and kleenex and diaper bags. What did I not bring with me?! :) As we listened and worshiped, I looked down at her so many times during the service just rejoicing in my heart for the amazing gift of her life in my life. As I looked around at the abundance and the plenty for the children in the service today, I was reminded that there are so many children in our communities, next door and around the world that need to know that someone cares and that someones thinks they are special just because of who they are. I wish I could send every orphan or hurting child a big gift of love this Christmas and tell them that Jesus loves them so very much and that are valued and worthy and important.

I don't just wish that for the children, though. I wish it for the child within each of us as adults, adults who have had much contact with this broken world and adults who have had more than their share of wounds and hurts.

I mentioned the Billy Graham Christmas special coming on tonight at 7:00, and I know that there are many people who won't have a chance to see it or catch it while it's on.

So... I thought I'd bring a little bit of Christmas to you through my blog! I know that I know many of my readers (hey, guys, I love you!) but I also know that I may not know some of you out there who are walking through a hard time this Christmas season. I desperately want to share the light of Christ with you in any way that I can. I have known and walked through darkness so deep and thick that I thought that I would suffocate. I have held it together on more than one occasion, and I have experienced loss and heartache that shook my faith to its core. Having said that, I am so much more in tune now than every before to others who are hurting. We all hurt in one way or another at times. There is light in the midst of that darkness, even if the only place you can feel it is deep deep down inside your heart. It's there burning and shining. Jesus Christ is my hope- He's it entirely. I'm in love with a Man who has forever changed my life and called me daughter, who has taken my hurt and brokeness upon Himself and called me righteous! Wow! What a concept that is for me to get my arms around!

Here is a little bit of the show that will air tonight. I pray that you'll watch it and know two things. One, that God can take any life and make it extraordinary and two, that He knows your name and loves you in the midst of your brokenness, your past, your present and your future.

My plan is to share one each day this week to encourage your heart, so keep checking back!

Love to all,

Emily

No comments: